What You Need to Know About ACG's
Although we take care to provide you with a worry-free experience by carefully planning our mission/tour itineraries, we cannot guarantee that the weather and transportation will go without a hitch.
What to Bring
- Cameras to take photos of your tour mission/tour highlights.
- Bottled water or juice, if desired.
- Snacks for on the bus, if desired.
- Sunglasses and hat or cap for visiting production sites that are out in the elements.
How to Dress
- Participants are responsible for bringing appropriate clothing and footwear for aquaculture site visits.
- Raingear is advised, as well as waterproof footwear for farm site visits.
- ACG will arrange for all transportation needs related to our mission/tours to get you from the hotel to the aquaculture facilities and back, including shuttle service, motor coach, water taxi and/or ferry service.
- ACG will make group meal arrangements with restaurants along tour routes if a meal is required.
- Tour participants are responsible for paying their meal bill.
- ACG will reserve a block of rooms at negotiated group rates at selected hotels on the tour route, if required.
- Tour participants are responsible for paying their hotel bill upon check-out.
Other helpful bits of info
- For missions/tours that require crossing the Canada/USA border, you will need your passport to enter Canada and to renter the United States.
- Details about border crossings and what you need to be aware of for the USA and Canada.
- You should make arrangements to take out travel health insurance if you are going outside of your home country.
- ACG is not responsible for personal injury and/or loss or theft of tour participant’s belongings.
- Participants are responsible for their own health care and accident/personal injury insurance while outside their home country.